North American Turbocoupe Organization

Turbo Oil Line
MN88TurboCoupe Offline
So I took the engine out of my turbo coupe and am in the process of putting it all back together. Am I missing something or is there only one oil line running to the turbo but two coolant lines or am I missing something.
Publicity, fame and accolades can make a theory popular. They can't make it true.

RC Martin Offline
Posting Freak
There should definitely be two... A hard line that goes on top, and a flexible one that looks kinda like a tiny metal dryer hose on bottom.

This might be a good time to put on an aftermarket braided line, if not replace both...
Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Bright Canyon Red TuTone, Desert Tan Interior; 1 of 7 in this combo in 1984 according to Marti.  1 of 13,361 TCs in 84.
   Rebuilt, 3-Angle Valve Job, SYB37 "OE/Small" Slider Cam
   Full 3" Stinger Exhaust to Flowmaster 40, Gnari FMIC/Recirc/BPV, MBC @ 18psi, RF-E6 Manifold, Remote-Mount TFI, PC1 and Flowed 35# Injectors, Inline Walboro 255HP, Kirban AFPR
   Rebuilt Suspension -- KYB & Energy Suspension

goldwing Offline
I love "Stingers" feed line. The fittings are awesome. On the head side, its a perfect fit. I mean, its a lot smaller and cleaner looking. Stinger even had a fitting for my new turbo (Holset), which has metric threads, a O-ring and a lock nut. Pretty good stuff !
I still have the Stinger return line but after changing back to a stock manifold its way too long. I assume Stinger makes a return line for a stock manifold, I just don't own one (I wish I did). Sometimes you can find the Stinger pieces for sale on the cheap. Just look around at all the forums. The factory return line can be difficult to install sometimes. The pipe is not exactly flexible. It wants to fight you when you try to thread it which may cause a leak if your not careful.
T.C:87 5 speed
HOLSET(HE341/HY35W type-D),255 Walbro, No intercooler yet,8lbs boost,Timing @ 9,Low& C.C Plates & SN-95 Bumpsteer Kit, KYB-AGX Struts,Belt driven fan,Custom oil cooler feed,Relocated ECT,Relocated TFI,N/A Hood, showing 178K

MN88TurboCoupe Offline
Gotcha. That pcv flex line is really the oil return line? Thought it was a ventilation line of some kind. Do either of you have links for the stinger replacement parts? Thanks
Publicity, fame and accolades can make a theory popular. They can't make it true.

Pete D Offline
Administrator
http://www.stinger-performance.com/

Most reputable turbo shops and re-builders recommend, even require, a new supply line for any guarantee on their product to be maintained. Reusing an old line can cause problems. BTDT
Pete Dunham

TurboE Offline
Posting Freak
the stinger lines are great, thats what i used.
-88 TC Black
5spd, Precision SC50 T3/T4, QH/SD Tune, Gillis, AFPR, 255FP, WB O2, K&N, Ported E6, 3" DP, ATR 2.5" Duals, 3:73 Rear, Konis, Eibachs, 18" Voxx Wheels, X Drilled Rotors.
-06 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite
-97 Pathfinder

509eddels Offline
Stinger lines are great. ive never used them but im pretty sure i know what he's using. i built my own and it ended up being identical. i also made up my own coolant lines for the new t3. pretty sure the company i work for uses the same manufacturer on hose and fittings.
88 5sp TC-cone filter, gillis, walbro 255, and LUK stock replacement clutch, other than that stock