North American Turbocoupe Organization

rocker arm falling off????WTF
stormy69 Offline
my 88 t/c has decided the number 3 exhaust rocker no longer needs to stay in place. i pulled it apart, reinstalled it and noticed some pretty good wear on the lobe(??). when it hit about 4krpm today it came back off. Looks like its time to replace the cam and followers. Any specific cam/followers i should get? these are going to come from the salvage yard. if i decide for another head, is there one out there that is better than the rest?
TIA,
James

Resurectedbird Offline
definetely ranger roller, you can find those in many yards and they usually don't have hardly any wear.
Currently birdless, but will get another someday!

karnage Offline
The good ole lobe wear out syndrome.That happens usually from too stiff of springs.
84 TC with 88 hood LA-3 full 3" exhaust Rods header ported/polished big valve head schneider roller cam RW adj cam gear Kirban gillis at 20 # boost MSD ignition 255 lph Walbro full gauges
17 inch centerlines 944 front mount IC 80mm MAF
65mm tb-rotated intake on the way to 400HP

stormy69 Offline
What year ranger should i be robbing? i am heading to the yard sometime in the next few days. I only recently purchased this car and it apears stock. It does have sliders and not rollers and i dont know if the springs have been changed. Is the 88 t/c supposed to be a roller setup?
thanks for the help guys,
james
mountian home afb, idaho
iraq bound :-(

------------------

Resurectedbird Offline
89-93 Rangers, 91-93 Mustangs

Found it in a search
Currently birdless, but will get another someday!

stormy69 Offline
well, i couldnt find anything except older slider stuff, got the cam and lifters out of an 81 mustang. pulled the cam from the tbird, .090 wear on the one rocker, .015 wear on the cam. i will keep looking for a roller set up but this should get the car back on the road. thanks for the advice.
james

stormy69 Offline
Well, its running great sounds great other than under heavy acceleration, it feels like its cutting out. will i ever get all these bugs out???!!!!