North American Turbocoupe Organization

Idle air control off other vehicles ?
ianbfromct Offline
Just checked the price for my 88 and it was around $90 bucks. For a 5.0 mustang it was around $60 for a 5.0. From memory they look similar but idk if it will actually work??
88 5 speed TC
-3" DP,lowered, 255 Walbro, Gillis valve, Cobra R's, bondo/rust, Stinger's PIMP Ecu

RDOG Offline
Posting Freak
Yes they will work, they are exactly the same and function the same. I know guys that are even using the small black plastic units that are on the 3.8' Tbirds and Stangs. As long as the connector is the same it will function just as well. I pull them from the junk yard. There can be plenty of new ones to be found if you take the time to look, and the cost will be $10
1986 Turbo Coupe. Boport StageIII head, Boport 2.1, Performance Techniques 50 trim hybird, StageII.63, stinger 3" exhaust, Phenolic spacer, Boglog header,NPR FMIC intercooler setup, kirban fpr, bigrmotorsports fuel rail, diablo water meth kit, CAI, remote mount TFI, CHE rear adj control arms, MAC girdle, 8.8 rear disc, aluminum drive shaft, H&R lowerings springs Tbird Turbo Specific, y MAS!!

LimaTee Offline
Reviving an old thread to ask:

Since the IACs are compatible,
Will the TPS from V8 Thunderbirds & Mustangs also work on 88 TCs?
Ron
The one part that never gets fixed on my cars is the nut that holds the steering wheel

LimaTee Offline
RDOG Wrote:Yes they will work, they are exactly the same and function the same. I know guys that are even using the small black plastic units that are on the 3.8' Tbirds and Stangs. As long as the connector is the same it will function just as well. I pull them from the junk yard. There can be plenty of new ones to be found if you take the time to look, and the cost will be $10

Does the same go for the TPS on other vehicles?
Ron
The one part that never gets fixed on my cars is the nut that holds the steering wheel

Ramos617 Offline
Last time I tried using the tps from my turbo coupe on a 5.0 mustang it was a no go
1987 T-Bird
Too much stuff to list
Running better than ever

LimaTee Offline
Thanks for the reply Ramos617
I am not surprised. It was a shock to read that the IACs from other cars were compatible, it would have been a real surprise if the TPSs were also.
Ron