North American Turbocoupe Organization

Throttle bodies etc
gmaibach Offline
any 8.8 if you keep your axle shafts like on a mustang and ford trucks just find out the rear gear ratio.
1988 Turbo Coupe 5 speed Red with Red cloth interior, K&N cone filter, Ported IHI turbo, ATR Header ported, Manual Boost Controller at 18 psi.

2013 Focus ST 2.0 Turbo, Buschur green filter, OCD Speed axle back exhaust.

k98311 Offline
so what year 5,0 throttle body would work best?
1986 gold TC 5 speed 100000 miles turbo muffler cat delete
Sounds like a turbo diesel people say

TurboBoost88 Offline
I think it's the 1995 5.0.
88 TurboCoupe,Midnight Metallic Blue on Blue cloth, 140 m.p.h. speedo, 96,000 miles, 5spd. Gills valve, many new parts waiting to be installed..88 TC, Silver, 5spd, My first car, wish I still had that one! Built for customers: 67 Ford Fairlane,69 Mach I,70 Mach I Clone,95 Ranger 2.3/5.0 EFI Conversion,99 Cobra Procharger SC-1 Install/Tune,Factory Five Racing Mark III Cobra #4114,1955 Black on Black Thunderbird for local Ford Dealer owner's wife.

Dan S Offline
Administrator
People always seem to ask questions about the rear ends and interchangability(might not be a word). The ring and pinion as well as the carrier are interchangeable on all the 8.8 rear ends. Changing the banjo (complete housing) is really unnecessary. Where some get in trouble, is in the reassembly. The instructions have to be followed or things will tend to sing and there are some songs, we just don't want to hear.
:read:
But, I need to add, check the number of splines on the axles so you have a match for the carrier.
Dan S
Custom 88 TC, Mandarin Copper Pearl Metallic
http://natomessageboard.com/ubbthreads.p...5#comments
1972 Ford F-100 SWB Styleside
2015 Lincoln MKC 2.3 EcoBoost AWD

turbo_crazy Offline
Isn't there a throttle body that's a direct bolt-on? I thought I read somewhere that 95ish NA 3.8 throttle bodies fit, with no modifications and it's not a huge upgrade, but a step up from stock?
87 TC: 5spd, started B234F head swap (overall setup changing), Quarterhorse, T3/T4 63 a/r, 3" exhaust, walbro 255, tubular front clip, 5 lug swap, 17x8 front/17x9 rear cobra r's, wilwood 4 piston calipers (rear only, for now), lightened 471lbs so far