North American Turbocoupe Organization

3G
Gary F Offline
Found one that looks new at the JY from a '94 Sable. There's a small plug with a white/black small-gauge wire coming from it. I searched the site but it was never mentioned. What does it connect to? Anyone know?
Gary Fraser

I used to be normal...then I got a Turbo Coupe.
'88 T5 Bone Stock w/3G Alt.

Rod K Offline
It connects to the black/white wire in the D plug on your existing alternator.

There is a good write up on installing a 3g in the tech articles section.
Rod Kiser, '88TC, 5 speed, 5 lug, Cobra 13" front brakes, Mark VII 11 1/4" rear disc brakes, PiMP'n, Bullit wheels, ATR 3" exhaust, Aluminum driveshaft, EDIS, 60 LB injectors, gutted upper & ported lower. NATO Member

Gary F Offline
Thanks
Gary Fraser

RDOG Offline
Posting Freak
Go and get the nice thick alt gauge wire of a 94 stang or 92 SC Tbird. It will also have a 175amp fuse too.
1986 Turbo Coupe. Boport StageIII head, Boport 2.1, Performance Techniques 50 trim hybird, StageII.63, stinger 3" exhaust, Phenolic spacer, Boglog header,NPR FMIC intercooler setup, kirban fpr, bigrmotorsports fuel rail, diablo water meth kit, CAI, remote mount TFI, CHE rear adj control arms, MAC girdle, 8.8 rear disc, aluminum drive shaft, H&R lowerings springs Tbird Turbo Specific, y MAS!!

Gary F Offline
Quote:Originally posted by RDOG:
Go and get the nice thick alt gauge wire of a 94 stang or 92 SC Tbird. It will also have a 175amp fuse too.
Good idea. Shoot. I walked right past an SC on my way to the Sable.
Gary Fraser

Liquid_force Offline
FWIW - with a minor "massage" of the TC alt bracket the SC alt will bolt and plug right in for 110A.

I ran a supplemental 8 ga from alt output stud to batt (+) and proceeded to run a ridiculously powerful soundsystem for about 3 yrs with an old cheap wal-mart battery and never had an issue.
88 TC -- Dark Blue 283k
RIP - 9/22/07
She was a great TC and went down swinging Smile
Now -- Me: A minivan, I'll spare you the details.
Her: '09 VW Tiguan AWD 2.0T 101k

Gary F Offline
Quote:Originally posted by Liquid_force:
FWIW - with a minor "massage" of the TC alt bracket the SC alt will bolt and plug right in for 110A.
I know. I did all that once. I'm replacing the 110A with the 130A. In fact, I finished the job Sunday. Works great. As for the plug, I pulled the red insert out and the rubber stopper from the plug also. I used a tiny screwdriver and inserted it in the plug next to the A connecter and the S connector and was able to switch them without having to do any splicing. They pull right out and snap right back in again.
Gary Fraser