What should my 88 5spd run with 89k and
1.3.90 gears
2.t3 .60/.63 at 23psi
3.gillis
4.timing at 12*
5.stage 3 clutch
6.k and n
7.ATR duals
8. my gn ic not in yet but what do you think with and with out?

[This message has been edited by Harvs (edited 09-04-2003).]
Sandlewood beige 88 coupe 93k/ super 60 T3 at 24 pounds/ ATR 3" no cat or tail pipe/ 255lph high pressure pump/ Kirban AFPR at 42/ Spec stg3/ GN FMIC/ 1g DSM BOV/ 14* timing/ disconected KS/ Tri-ax short throw/ Autometer boost,vac and air to fuel/ 140 spedo/ Ford motorsports 5300-c springs/ tubular rear upper cntrl arms.

Hawk Offline
Somewhere around 15.2 in the quarter. That's awfull high boost for a stock T3. I doubt you are gaining anything by going past 20 psi with it.

Hawk

Noname
Unregistered
Quote:Originally posted by Hawk:
Somewhere around 15.2 in the quarter. That's awfull high boost for a stock T3. I doubt you are gaining anything by going past 20 psi with it.

Hawk

I went 14.12 @ 96mph with that setup and a 1.98 60'. The only differences were I was running 22psi with a volvo front-mount and stock 3.55 gearing. I also had the 255 fuel pump and kirban afpr, which you'll NEED to ever run 22psi.

------------------
Estoril blue 1987 TC 5spd, 139k miles
k&n cone in fenderwell, PRofec B electronic boost controller, kirban adjustable fpr , walbro 255 hi-pressure pump, Bailey BOV, ported e6, Spearco 26x8x3 FMIC, a237 cam, mildly ported head, t3/t4 50 trim / stage III .63, full 3" exhaust, eec-tuner, 55pph injectors, dave compton a/f meter, Nitto 555R drag radials
Best 1/4 mile (before tuner, turbo, injectors, drag radials, cam, and FMIC): 14.120 (with 1.983 60' time)
Best trap speed: 98.44mph

Pete D Offline
Administrator
I went 15.06 on a K&N, 3"DP and dual 2.5 cat back, Gillis at 18.

Harv I think that combo would get you to the low 14s maybe break 13. I agree with Steve, you need a big fuel pump to do it.
Pete Dunham

Harvs Offline
Quote:Originally posted by Hawk:

Hawk

I've seen a stock 88 5spd at 15.8
Sandlewood beige 88 coupe 93k/ super 60 T3 at 24 pounds/ ATR 3" no cat or tail pipe/ 255lph high pressure pump/ Kirban AFPR at 42/ Spec stg3/ GN FMIC/ 1g DSM BOV/ 14* timing/ disconected KS/ Tri-ax short throw/ Autometer boost,vac and air to fuel/ 140 spedo/ Ford motorsports 5300-c springs/ tubular rear upper cntrl arms.

Glenn 88TC Offline
Posting Freak
I agree with Steve also. Get the fuel stuff before you get too carried away. Take it to the track and find out. I'll predict mid 15's on the first pass and gradually gettting better as you learn to launch it. Low 14's should be acheivable after practice.

------------------
mods: SDS Digital Fuel Injection, ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), .500 lift roller cam, custom upper and ported lower intakes, TE60 turbo, powerstroke intercooler, 60mm throttle body, 75pph injectors, Walboro 255HP pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header, 3" exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflow muffler, MSD 6al, MSD coil, MSD Launch Control, MSD 8.5mm wires, K&N filter, Star stage III clutch, Greddy Profec B boost controller, Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15
NO TC and NO headaches.

Hawk Offline
Harvs,

I'm not trying to be negative, or rain on your parade. I was being honest about what I thought you might run your first time out. Most people find that it isn't as easy as they think it is. It takes awhile to learn to launch the car right, the shift points etc. I hope you hit low 14s with your car. I'm always rooting for Turbo Fords. I know Reeve is running around a 14.6 with more mods than you are doing, only he is still running the IHI. He is consistant and knows what he is doing. Good luck. [Image: smile.gif]

Hawk

Harvs Offline
i am really good at launching my car, i could launch it with out chirping the tires, it goes like awd its pretty cool. With my old 87 i raced my buddy with a dsm awd and i was dead even with him off the line until my ic hose fell off. I haven't done it in a while since my clutch wont take one more launch. But when i get my stage 3 in i am going to the track. What is the better way though? Burn the tires to get then all hot and then just rev it to 4000 and dump the clutch, or slip the clutch?

natmac3 Offline
Administrator
I wouldn't heat the tires unless you're running drag radials or slicks. A little spin to help clean'em off a bit should be fine, but you don't want to heat a street tire. They're built to resist heat- hence the speed rating.

And if you come off the line spinning, you WILL run slower, but you knew that.

I'd slip it off the line and bang the gears from there on out...

------------------
The views and opinions expressed by "natmac3" do not necessarily represent those held by NATO or its other members.
1987tc

Harvs Offline
Ok, what do think 0-60 will be.