North American Turbocoupe Organization

How did you get your first Turbo coupe (and my story) kinda long
1988Turboman Offline
I changed my heater core when I was only 17 I am 21 now and still have the car (not an everyday driver) but when I decided to do a heater core I turned to my dad who has a 83 tc, 85 tc,86 tc (wrecked) and a 86 cougar turbo. mine is a 88 and I bought it for 600 bucks and drove it home, the door didn't close it had blue velour and blue dash with midnight blue paint the interior was very crappy it ran like shit and need buttloads of brake work but when faced with a heater core my dad said I could have the black and gray leather interior which was literally perfect out of the wrecked 86 (he said he like the gray velour???) so I started pulling the interior apart and got to the heater core (which was also bad) the ford manual said discharge the a/c my dad said you didnt have too.. anyway I got it all apart, loosen the two bolts in the engine compartment and the bolts where the heater core was and literally Squeezed it in the opening and hooked it up, tested it, and put the new black leather interior together. It turned out to be one of the best cars I have ever driven. I parked it when it needed tires and I broke a balance thinge on the drive shaft in december 98. It was parked until June of 99 when my dad gave me the old tires off his Lincoln and on the last day of school (graduation) I held my ankle on the brake, the end of my foot on the accelerator, and my left foot for the clutch and burned a set of tires to a pile of rubber. I wanted people to remember me as the party person I was (and to the fact that whan my dad graduated he took a brand new set of tires to a pile of rubber on his last day) but i will tell you I still run into people who said "MAN WHAT KIND OF MOTOR IN THAT CAR YOU DID THE BURN OUT IN" and if you could only see their faces when I said a 4 cylinder. To this day this is and probably will be forever a car to remember. Also thanks to finding this web page I have fixed just about every problem, except the driveshaft, the updates are platinum plugs, motorcraft wires, Ric Gillis valve (HUGE IMPROVEMENT),K&N cone, K&N oil filter, and last but not least castrol synthetic oil. I just havent had the time or money to do this but with you guys (whom I dont really know except from your posts which I read on a daily basis) motivated me (also President Bush for my mighty fine $300 rebate check) got me moving and after letting it warm up for about 20-25 minutes i took it for a drive still has the punch and a WHOLE LOT MORE!!!!!! THANK YOU GUYS!! One more thing to add Mustangs are the shit but tc are in a whole nother classification!!

------------------

1988Turboman Offline
This post was origanally supposed to be a response for BIG VAM HEATER CORE but i just started talking about my TC and couldnt stop so I thought i would start a new post
-Jason