North American Turbocoupe Organization

hello from canada
TJ_HOOKER Offline
just thought i would introduce myself. i just bought my first real turbo coupe. i say real cause my last one never saw the road. it is a 1987, white with black and grey cloth, 156 000 kms, orig. owner was an 82 year old gentleman, who put the car in storage in 1992, and brought it out in june this year. he had a new heater core put in, clutch, brakes, tires, a/c revamped to todays standards, and a whole lot more. i have a book with every receipt for the car since 87. they even sent me pics of the car getting the heater core done.

anyways, did the cold air, thank you for your excelent resources you have made avail. as they were not around when i owned my first one. next door to my customs shop, is a turbo shop. ricers, but hey. i have a turbosmart boost controller coming, as well as a air fuel guage, oil pressure, and 30 psi boost guage. so far i like what i see here, congradulations on a wicked site.

a little about me. i live in hamilton ontario, canada. me and 3 other friends own an offrad customs shop. my passion is jeeps. i have a 99 jeep tj on 35" boggers, with 8" of lift, sitting 14.5" over stock. custom setup, the only setup in canada like it, the other one is in the us. i love my turbo coupe though. a friend of mine had 2 of them, and got me into these things. i am hooked now i drive a nice one.

i will be asking some real rookie questions, onnly after i search the forums so bear with me, thanx

jeff moore
1987 turbo coupe
k and n cone
boost guage
the rest is coming soon..........

Matt S Offline
Posting Freak
Welcome!
Sounds like a nice find!

I have to ask since you own an off road shop for Jeeps.
Have you ever done the Jeepers Jamboree in the states, across the Rubicon?
Sold it Sad*

TJ_HOOKER Offline
no i have not. the only place i have been is paragon adventure park in penn. we have jeep jamboure's here though, and some pretty nice rock terrain up north to play on. nothing like the rubicon though. i wil be going some day, but i thionk i'll try moab first.
1987 turbo coupe
k and n cone
boost guage

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Jeff,
Hello and Welcome. Hope you will post some pics in the near future. We are having a temporary problem with the search feature on this board. You can find out where to search the old board here:
http://natomessageboard.com/ultimatebb.p...1;t=015498

also take a look in the FAQs and Technical Articles areas off the Home page.
http://www.turbotbird.com/FAQpage/FAQpage.htm
http://www.turbotbird.com/techinfo/techarticles.html
Pete Dunham

rairbird Offline
Welcome to the board from someone not too far from you, Toronto, to be exact. There are a few of us here in southern Ontario, and we will be working on a meet for next summer. Good luck with your Bird.

TJ_HOOKER Offline
here is a pic ( ihope) [Image: attachment.php?s=&postid=385301]
1987 turbo coupe
k and n cone
boost guage

TJ_HOOKER Offline
here is my jeep as well [Image: pose.jpg]
1987 turbo coupe
k and n cone
boost guage

GaryS#2 Offline
Posting Freak
Hi Jeff, congrats on the TC, sounds like a nice find and nice Jeep also.

I've been an avid offroader too and had older Broncs, Landcruisers, Chev's, Fords, even a Zuk at one time.

Been clean for a few years though. I miss the mountains and the bush.

PS, Know anyone needs a new Ford 7.5" Detroit?
Grocery Getter/Rice Cooker.