North American Turbocoupe Organization

Clutch disassembly questions - LONG sorry
Ryan H Offline
Posting Freak
Just remove the universal joints and the entire yoke will come off.

The joints can be removed with a 6" (pref. 8") c-clamp, a pair of needle noise pliers, and two sockets (one a bit smaller than the end caps and one larger than the opening of the yoke's cap openings).

It helps to relieve tension after every turn of the c-clamp by striking the c-clamp with a hammer. Also oil the clamp up really good before doing this, and spray some PB. Its also a great time for new u-joints.

Also, be sure to mark which way the u-joints came off of the DS so you can put them back on the way they came off.

------------------
Ryan Harris

1988 TC 5 speed, all options including sunroof. Currently installing: Walbro 255 LPH HP, Star stage III, Kirban AFPR, 3" DP to 2.5" duals, bypassed cat, Magnaflow mufflers Smile
'88 TC Smile Walbro 255HP, Stinger FMIC, PIT BOV, Pro 5.0, Kirban, RR cam, FRPP strut tower brace, T3

GlassRooster Offline
New U joints are in.. all ready to put Drivehaft in after repair of the e brake cables while the bird is up on stilts. Found my next fun project ..blown front strut passenger side.
But all just got post poned.
Wife landed job in Chester,Virginia. I have to drive her there on Saturday. I will have a job there hopefully this weekend. If so I throw all the parts in the bird as is and tow it down in 3 weeks keeping the driveshaft out.
David

87 TC Faded Burgundy with faded red interior
K&N and cold air ducting- rest is bone stock
02 Mazda Protege 5 Replaced Dead Saturn
99 Cougar- Wife's car new body style now Discontinued.

GlassRooster Offline
Well F(*&%(&*% me Runnin! Went to see the bird at lunch time had to get some tools and see a puddle of mobil one under it. I had rubbed a rust spot in the oil pan while doin the clutch and now there is a snail trail of oil dripping to ground. I have another 2.3 engine so I will be yanking that one off and replacing mine.
Also my bud spied a complete engine 2.3 with turbo attached at his friends JY. Gonna scope it out this weekend. I will see if its any good and yank what i can. I am taking the injectors and harness and turbo and the nice 2.3L valve cover and ranger roller and followers if any good. If any body has sumthin they need off of it let me know
David

87 TC Faded Burgundy with faded red interior
K&N and cold air ducting- rest is bone stock
02 Mazda Protege 5 Replaced Dead Saturn
99 Cougar- Wife's car new body style now Discontinued.