North American Turbocoupe Organization

EEC Identification
Robert Camp Offline
Posting Freak
I came across this ECC for use in converting my '86 5-speed to the larger VAM. Can anyone identify it and tell me if it's appropriate for the intended use?
On the identification label:
E8SF-12A650-AG1A, D8F06, EFI-TC6, 8UA

Thanks
Robert Camp
'86 Medium Regatta Blue TC, 5-speed, original owner.

Pete D Offline
Administrator
"8UA" is an 87-88 auto trans EEC
Pete Dunham

Robert Camp Offline
Posting Freak
Thanks,
From what I've read here, it's not the one I want for the manual trans? Also, I've seen mention of a J3 port on these computers, can you tell me what that is and which computers might have that?

Thanks Pete, you are a cornucopia of information.
Robert Camp
'86 Medium Regatta Blue TC, 5-speed, original owner.

rairbird Offline
The J3 port is commom to all our computers. It is on the opposite end of the cable connection of the computer. It is used to access/alter/modify the program that is on the computer. It is the only part of the computer board that you can see from the back where there is a small rectangular cutout. Also, I think you might be looking for an LA2, Or LA3 computer for your vehicle, the LA3 being the more agressive setup.

Matt S Offline
Posting Freak
When I took out the Auto and put in a 5 speed I drove around on the 8UA for almost a year, and noticed no difference going to an LA2.

If you run the 8UA, you will get codes for the lockup solenoid, and be limited to 10lbs boost unless you have an aftermarket boost controller.

My 8UA was from June 1988, so I will guess it has the same bennies as the LA3 but I don't know for sure and certainly could not tell any difference between it and an LA2.
Sold it Sad*