North American Turbocoupe Organization

Had to change my sig...
Walsted Offline
Posting Freak
El Nino (Ken) picked up the XR-7 today. Great guy, and I am glad to see the car going to someone with no plans to strip it for another project, or to "rice it out."

Thanks in advance to all who will be helping him with his goals for the car.

------------------
Mike Walsted - NATO member
1986 5-speed TurboCoupe,
Mike Walsted - Sold my 1986 5-speed TurboCoupe

El-Nino Offline
Yeah, went to pick it up yesterday. Needs some motor work, but all in all, not a bad car, and a blast to drive. Hearing that T3 spool under load made it worth it [Image: biggrin.gif]

------------------
Current: 85 XR7
Done so far: Alternator
Needs: Thermostat, Headgasket
1984 Mustang SVO

Walsted Offline
Posting Freak
The Cougar needs a headgasket? Are you sure? When I tuned it and drove it regularly in August, it was hitting on all four, no oil in the water or vice versa, all four plugs looked clean, no wear on the camshaft or followers, and it passed a roller-dyno emmissions test. I haven't done a compression test on it since owning it, though, since I didn't figure I needed it.

Then again, I didn't know that the thermostat had seized and alternator went bad while it was parked.

------------------
Mike Walsted - NATO member
1986 5-speed TurboCoupe,
Mike Walsted - Sold my 1986 5-speed TurboCoupe

El-Nino Offline
Alrighty, so, friday or saturday, time permitting, I will run a compression test. Got the electrical problem sorted out, it was the 10v regulator, and the thermostat finally popped wednesday, but is going to be replaced regardless. w00t, On my way to becoming a mechanic, kinda scary, the ms.'s is frowning on my sudden obsession, but I tell her it's better than booze or carousing at bars heeheehee

------------------
Current: 85 XR7
Done so far: Alternator
Needs: Thermostat, Headgasket
1984 Mustang SVO