North American Turbocoupe Organization

time for new fastest TC list entries
Glenn 88TC Offline
Posting Freak
All right people. I haven't had a new entry in about 3 months. I know many people on here have upgraded or found and fixed problems causing big performance losses. The air is starting to get cooler at night so lets get those cars out to the track and get some new slips.

SteveXX82
Pete D
Dan E
carcrazyscott
rairbird
86XR7auto
turbot4
Harvs(just do it and find out)
GaryS2
DuaneTC

I have a new slip, I can't enter it yet though. I am also in the process of upgrading again. [Image: biggrin.gif] Look for new times by the end of the month. Hopefully.

------------------
mods: SDS Digital Fuel Injection, ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), .500 lift roller cam, custom upper and ported lower intakes, TE60 turbo, powerstroke intercooler, 60mm throttle body, 75pph injectors, Walboro 255HP pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header, 3" exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflow muffler, MSD 6al, MSD coil, MSD Launch Control, MSD 8.5mm wires, K&N filter, Star stage III clutch, Greddy Profec B boost controller, Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15

[This message has been edited by Glenn 88TC (edited 09-11-2003).]
NO TC and NO headaches.

Noname
Unregistered
I *WAS* planning on going to Atco tomorrow night, but the heavens have purposely pushed the rain towards the coast ahead of schedule, so it looks like my plans will be rained out as usual. Don't worry, I just ordered Rod's header and STRONGLY HOPE to have a new, improved timeslip within the next two weeks.

Is the MM&FF article still scheduled to be released in the November issue?

------------------
Estoril blue 1987 TC 5spd, 139k miles
k&n cone in fenderwell, PRofec B electronic boost controller, kirban adjustable fpr , walbro 255 hi-pressure pump, Bailey BOV, ported e6, Spearco 26x8x3 FMIC, a237 cam, mildly ported head, t3/t4 50 trim / stage III .63, full 3" exhaust, eec-tuner, 55pph injectors, dave compton a/f meter, Nitto 555R drag radials
Best 1/4 mile (before tuner, turbo, injectors, drag radials, cam, and FMIC): 14.120 (with 1.983 60' time)
Best trap speed: 98.44mph

[This message has been edited by SteveXX82 (edited 09-11-2003).]

Glenn 88TC Offline
Posting Freak
I will hopefully ready to race by the nd of the month. Once I am ready we need to get together and hit Cecil. Scott should be ready about the same time.

------------------
mods: SDS Digital Fuel Injection, ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), .500 lift roller cam, custom upper and ported lower intakes, TE60 turbo, powerstroke intercooler, 60mm throttle body, 75pph injectors, Walboro 255HP pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header, 3" exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflow muffler, MSD 6al, MSD coil, MSD Launch Control, MSD 8.5mm wires, K&N filter, Star stage III clutch, Greddy Profec B boost controller, Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15
NO TC and NO headaches.

Noname
Unregistered
Quote:Originally posted by Glenn 88TC:
I will hopefully ready to race by the nd of the month. Once I am ready we need to get together and hit Cecil. Scott should be ready about the same time.

Sounds like a fantastic plan to me. I miss being able to make more than 2 passes at the track. So what parts are you waiting on now?

Glenn 88TC Offline
Posting Freak
Quote:Originally posted by SteveXX82:
Sounds like a fantastic plan to me. I miss being able to make more than 2 passes at the track. So what parts are you waiting on now?

I'm just doing the cam and the Greddy Profec B. I hope the cam change will make a difference. I'm going from the .355 ranger to a .500 Schneider roller.

The MM&FF article is still scheduled for November. It should be out by the end of this month. I have a feeling the TC guys got left out of this article. All the SC guys have been contacted since the race and none of the TC guys have. No evidence of this, just a hunch. I guess time will tell.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Glenn 88TC (edited 09-11-2003).]
NO TC and NO headaches.

Carcrazyscott Offline
Well, I'm need of a new headgasket first. Lost it this past weekend on the dyno. I'm going to throw a MLS headgasket on it, toss in my RR regrind, and port my lower some more. Then it's back up to the dyno for more tuning and play with the nitrous. I'll definitely be hitting the track though. Cool temps and ice water in the intercooler should make for some better times then what the car has run so far. Well, it better.

-Scott Ressler
-----------------
S&R Racing http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/srracing/srracing.htm

Kev Offline
Posting Freak
Maybe sometime this fall I can drive the 4 hours to the nearest quarter mile track and get my name on the list. I'd love to, but college, work, and family take up a lot of time. My car feels very fast. I really would like to know what it actually runs.

------------------
Kev
88 TC 5spd Black body, red leather, K&N in front of the radiator, bypassed BCS at around 17 psi, polished throttle body, 2 1/2" dynomax ultraflow mandrel bent duals. 255 lph fuel pump, totally rebuilt head with Melling cam kit
Kev
1988 TC 5spd

natmac3 Offline
Administrator
I'm hoping to get up to Cecil here soon. And I know talk is cheap, but the bird has some decent times in it, and I know the cooler temps should help out. But at least now I have the CO2 chiller on the IC for the next 110* heat. [Image: wink.gif]

Between finding a job, and trying to get everything sorted out with the Merk, the bird's been getting a little neglected.

But have faith, I will not leave my current best alone in my personal record book, as it was nothing short of miserable.

[This message has been edited by natmac3 (edited 09-11-2003).]
1987tc

jabobia Offline
ill hopefully make it to moroso friday night now that it runs right [Image: biggrin.gif]

-james

------------------
87 TurboCoupe - 5spd
87 Thunderbird TurboCoupe - 2.3T, T5, 3.55L - K&N, 18psi - 16.14@88mph(2.37 60')
88 Thunderbird Sport - 5.0SO, AOD, 2.73L - 16.77@82mph(2.39 60')
www.cardomain.com/id/jabobia
jabobia.com

86XR7auto Offline
Well fellow turbocoupers.....

I damaged my motor in may. But hey got a 14.0 with a C-3.
Now the car has 85.5 (155k)motor, a 88tc 5speed, spec 3 clutch, bob's 3" downpipe, baily BPV, new and improved SMC alky kit, some tuning. I finally broke the clutch in (450miles) I need to finish my MAC 3" exhaust install. I would like to finish everything by this weekend. Then its off to the track...

I will hope I can still cut 2.0 60', but we will see.

Travis

P.S. I just bought 2002 Z28 M6 SLP exhaust and air lid. Went 13.30 @ 107.55 with 2.1 60'. I'm still keeping the cougar thou.... I love my rare turboford.
86XR7 in pieces...old time [email protected] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGsz7PdEqTI 88TC stock Red RHSC [email protected], 01 Z71=Nice winter ride, 01 CVLX w/HPP wifes ride!