North American Turbocoupe Organization

Front Bra question
DrBob Offline
I am considering ordering a bra for my 88 TC. I usually do not put bras ont he cars but with the massive amount of front plastic I thought it might be wise. What are your all thoughts on them and if I get one, which brand is best? I have seen that LeBra still lists one for hte TC.

Thanks

BOB
Bob

88 TC, 5 speed, Medium Canyon Red, charcoal interior, all options except moonroof, added K&N filter.

I waited 15 years to buy a TC - now I know what I missed all those years!!!

Urban Redneck Offline
I'm pretty sure the one I have is a Le Bra, they're good for keeping stone chops and stuff off your header panel and the first few inches of hood. Just answer me one question, do you have to use front lecence plates where you live? (I know, it seems like an odd question, but there is a method to my madness)

------------------
87 TC 5-speed Black, loaded. 17psi, G3 alternator, KB subs, Grant steering wheel, custom greasable swaybar bushings, K&N. Soon to have KB Trackit Axle brackets, Maximum Motorsports lower control arms, T-3, Saab intercooler, ranger roller cam Gen1 DSM BOV and rebuilt front suspension.

Unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes.

DrBob Offline
Alabama doesn't require front plates so no I won't be using one.
Bob

88 TC, 5 speed, Medium Canyon Red, charcoal interior, all options except moonroof, added K&N filter.

DrBob Offline
Got the LeBra installed after church this afternoon - fits nice and tight liek it should. Going in the mornign to put new rubber all the way around. As soon as i get my turn signal lever repalced I should be in business.

BOB
Bob

Urban Redneck Offline
Okay, well it's too bad you guys don't use front plates, I would have *gave* you my bra. I have no use for it. But it already has the panel removed for the front plate.

------------------
87 TC 5-speed Black, loaded. 17psi, G3 alternator, KB subs, Grant steering wheel, custom greasable swaybar bushings, K&N. Soon to have KB Trackit Axle brackets, Maximum Motorsports lower control arms, T-3, Saab intercooler, ranger roller cam Gen1 DSM BOV and rebuilt front suspension.

Jr88TC Offline
I've been looking to get one and i have a front plate bracket on. I just got my car painted and i want to get a bra for vacation traveling towards the end of this month.
Jr.

DrBob Offline
if you just got your car painted I would not suggest putting a bra on it any time soon - at least for 6-8 weeks.

BOB
Bob

Kev Offline
Posting Freak
My experiences with the car bra are not good. You can shine it up and make it pretty but the shine doesn't last out in the weather. The paint was always shinier and it kinda took away from the car. Plus, when I took the bra off, water was trapped under the hood part of the bra. It made my paint bubble where it had gotten wet and the bra beat against the hood at high speeds. No matter how I tightened it, I couldn't keep it from flopping at all, it always flopped a little. LeBra was the brand. Just a thought.

Kev
Kev
1988 TC 5spd

Bad Ford Offline
Are you still trying to get rid of the bra??

Gregg Offline
Urban Redneck,

Check your PM
Gregg