North American Turbocoupe Organization

Y-pipe availability
edselsouth1 Offline
Though I've looked through the search feature, I can't seem to find a supplier for a 3" inlet to 2-1/2" outlet y-pipe for the TC dual exhaust. Might have overlooked it. Anybody have any suggestions, or a supplier or two? Thanks, David

tps87turbo Offline
Posting Freak
This is what I used on my car...

Magnaflow offers a 3" inlet with dual 2 1/2 outlets. Go onto their website :
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/hardware.htm

------------------
Tony Sceia
Red 88 TC, Med Red with Raven Leather & every option, Walbro 255, 3" SS Downpipe with Magnaflow Dual SS 2.5 Cat Back system, 3-core Radiator, Star Stage 3 Clutch, Rebuilt T-5 Tranny, 4:10 rear, 140 MPH Speedo, New Paint, Headlights, Refinished Snowflakes & New Tires.

She looks so SWEET. Now I need to make some more HP & make the engine look good.
Tony Sceia -

HIS Red 88 TC
http://turbotbird.com/showroom/data_r-z/...a_88tc.php
HERS - Blue 87 TC, fully loaded with every option, Work in Progress
87 Gray TC Parts Car - Gave to BJL and is now his daily driver

Kev Offline
Posting Freak
Did you mount the magnaflow piece backward? It looks like the 3inch to dual 2 1/2 inch piece is for a 2-to-1 application and not the other way around.
Kev
1988 TC 5spd

mark murphy Offline
When I converted the factory single exhaust to dual,I got on Walker exhaust web site and got the part number for the y-pipe that fits the turbo coupes. I went to O'Reillys auto parts and had them order it. I believe it was around $70.00.

------------------
Mark Murphy/88 TC, silver
loaded,t-5 swap, K&N filter,Gillis boost valve, bypass valve
Walbro 255 FP, Kirbin FPR
3" downpipe, 2-1/2" duals
w/Dynomax turbo mufflers
88 TC silver, 11/05 complete engine rebuild including head work, stainless valves, upper/lower intakes machined by Pete D. Added T-3 60/63 using Bob Lee 3 Gen. header, 3"downpipe no cat, 2-1/2" duals, adj FP Reg. Walbro 255 FP, cold air intake,Gillis boost valve, bypass valve, 3 row radiator, 17 x 9 Cobra R Wheels

Kev Offline
Posting Freak
Hey Mark, did you ever get your bird running right after the 5spd swap? I've just moved to Russellville and would love to get together sometime, shoot the breeze, and check out your car. What do ya say?

------------------
Kev
88 TC 5spd Black body, red leather, K&N in front of the radiator, Gillis boost valve at 17 psi, polished throttle body, 2 1/2" dynomax ultraflow mandrel bent duals. 255 lph fuel pump, ported exhaust manifold, totally rebuilt head with Melling cam kit and a little port work
Kev
1988 TC 5spd

mark murphy Offline
Kev, I'll send you an e-mail so we can set something up. great to hear from you.

------------------
Mark Murphy/88 TC, silver
loaded,t-5 swap, K&N filter,Gillis boost valve, bypass valve
Walbro 255 FP, Kirbin FPR
3" downpipe, 2-1/2" duals
w/Dynomax turbo mufflers
88 TC silver, 11/05 complete engine rebuild including head work, stainless valves, upper/lower intakes machined by Pete D. Added T-3 60/63 using Bob Lee 3 Gen. header, 3"downpipe no cat, 2-1/2" duals, adj FP Reg. Walbro 255 FP, cold air intake,Gillis boost valve, bypass valve, 3 row radiator, 17 x 9 Cobra R Wheels