North American Turbocoupe Organization

flooring the pedal
dixiedude06 Offline
On my 87 tc, I can get it rolling and have the clutch completely engaged so im going like 5-10 mph, but I cant just floor the gas, Ive tried but it feels like its ready to die. I figured it was because it was a manual, but then I rode in my friends manual and he could be rolling, gun it, and take off. I on the other hand have to slowly push it down. Other than that i runs really good. I think this may be pretty vague but any help or questions as to what its doing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

------------------
87 turbocoupe, 5-speed, Completely loaded, superchip, bleeder valve set to 17 psi, Kn cone
87 turbocoupe, 5-speed, Completely loaded, some mods
93 F-150 Lightning #4593 of 5276
13.9 @ 99 mph

segfaultxr7 Offline
Posting Freak
That isn't normal.. Under the same conditions, my 88 lags a little, then chirps the tires as the turbo kicks in. I'm thinking you might have a bad or maladjusted throttle position sensor, so the computer doesn't know you've floored it until the other sensors start telling it, and there's a delay before it behaves properly.

You should scan for error codes also to see if you have any sensor problems..
88 TC 5-speed

dixiedude06 Offline
would a bad tps also cause my idle to act weird sometimes? Cause sometimes for no reason I have to give it tons of gas to keep it running, but only sometimes, like once a week maybe, and if I dont give it gas right away it will die. thanks for your help.

------------------
87 turbocoupe, 5-speed, Completely loaded, superchip, bleeder valve set to 17 psi, Kn cone
87 turbocoupe, 5-speed, Completely loaded, some mods
93 F-150 Lightning #4593 of 5276
13.9 @ 99 mph

segfaultxr7 Offline
Posting Freak
Yes it certainly will cause idle problems. Most commonly it will cause stalling and/or a random high idle (1500-2000 rpm). <a href="http://www.turbotbird.com/techinfo/idletpsadjustment.html">Here</a> is an article on checking/adjusting the TPS.
88 TC 5-speed