North American Turbocoupe Organization

Is this the Heater Core ???
Noname
Unregistered
I'm getting coolant fumes and residue on the windshield and windows. There is some coolant leaking from the firewall inside of the engine compartment. What's the deal ? Any help on replacement tips would be greatly. (I know this is an involved job)

Jonesy Offline
Yes that would be your heater core, and changing it is something I dread doing(I have a brand new one, just dread doing it) I just bipassed my Hoses until I get the time(and enough rum) to change it out [Image: biggrin.gif]

Jonesy

------------------
©2002 Jonesy Inc.
Michael "Jonesy" Jones
87 Medium Red Clearcoat Metallic 5 speed
2 Tone Leather Interior, All options including factory sunroof/moonroof
168,500 miles - So Far
Mainly stock, K&N Filter, custom ram air
New paint job COMING SOON(repainting factory med. red with ghost flames.)

GT350R Offline
Go take a look at your heater core hoses!

I just had the same thing happen. I saw the vapors and could smell the coolant inside the car. I thought it was the core also. it turns out that I had a crack in the hose going to the heater core and it was spraying right through the hole in the firewall. Well because of its location and being one of teh highist points of teh cooling system , I never saw an coolatnt leaking or and puddles. I never 'looked" because its too cold out and I ASSuMEd it was the core.

Well, I am now replacing my motor because of it. It ran out of coolant and smoke my #2 cylinder.
GT350R
(sold Sad ) 87 5speed, Motorsport head, A237@+2, T3@20psi, gutted or ported everything & all the typical junk.
84 Gt350 2.3T T-top
84 Turbo GT 418rwhp

My Garage