North American Turbocoupe Organization

Introduction: Today I became an owner of a 87 T-Bird TC
87_T-Bird.T.C Offline
Big Grin 
Today has been a day I’ve waited for. Finally purchased a T-Bird T.C. one car I’ve always loved growing up, but never was able to get my hands on one. Extremely stoked to start this build. Looking so forward to this.

Attached Files Image(s)

Interceptor86 likes this post

Jeff K Offline
Administrator
Welcome to NATO!!
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized
87_T-Bird.T.C likes this post

Daniel T Offline
Congrats!!! What are your plans for it??

Kuch Offline
Man if that's not a southern car, not sure what is! Looks solid and a great start
1988 Turbo Coupe, Black/Black, 5 Speed, Moonroof,  T3/T4, ported E6, 255LPH, Kirban, Stinger Exhaust, MGW shifter, K&N, Gillis valve, BP1.5, PIMPx, Koni's
1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 390 6V, Big Solid cam, Headers,3.89's, 4 Speed, Vast and fast
1960 Ford Starliner, 292 Y Block, 312 4bbl intake, headers, 3 Speed, slow and low

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Nice find. Enjoy!
Pete Dunham

87_T-Bird.T.C Offline
Thank you guys, I'm am definitely going to start from the bottom up. It does run, only one spot of rust on the driver rear panel before the tire, but not on the rocker. No accidents, all original. I am now the third owner and will look to kept this car and pass it on. Have a little 1 1/2 year old to build this with. Looking forward to the transformation. Will continue to post, post pictures and im sure ask many questions.

T-Bird Life

anasazi4st Offline
(03-22-2021, 08:37 PM)87_T-Bird.T.C Wrote: Thank you guys, I'm am definitely going to start from the bottom up. It does run, only one spot of rust on the driver rear panel before the tire, but not on the rocker. No accidents, all original. I am now the third owner and will look to kept this car and pass it on. Have a little 1 1/2 year old to build this with. Looking forward to the transformation. Will continue to post, post pictures and im sure ask many questions.

T-Bird Life

I’ve been fixing up old cars and turning wrenches since the early 70s, so I hope you don’t mind some advice, especially if this is your first such project (if it’s not, sorry for the imposition).

1. DON’T RUSH IT. This is the single biggest mistake almost everyone makes—usually, only once (by their next car, they’ve learned). Take your time, don’t do shortcuts. I know you really want to drive it. There will be plenty of time for that.

2. USE GOOD QUALITY PARTS. It’s frustrating as hell to assemble something, only to rip it apart and do the same thing soon after because of inferior parts. You might not be able to afford the best, but don’t get the worst bargain brand either.

3. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD DOCUMENTATION. Ford’s shop manuals for this car are mostly excellent. Don’t forget the 1988 Supplement volume.

4. MAKE LOTS OF DRAWINGS, PHOTOS, NOTES and LISTS. Your 1 1/2 year old will value the record you leave.

5. ASK US QUESTIONS! Really. We’re here if you need us.

Please keep us updated on your progress.
Another proud dues-paying member.

1987 Turbo Coupe w/T5OD, 8.8 axle, grey smoke; most options. Got it in 1991 with 41K miles: 3 turbos, 2 heater cores, 3 T5OD full rebuilds, 6 clutches, 1 head gasket, 2 Teves II ABS units, etc. later....
88Slowbird and 87_T-Bird.T.C like this post

vegas_ss Offline
Looks just like mine... lol

Attached Files Image(s)

1987 TC, 5sp, Boport Stage 3 Head/2.1 Cam
1996 Impala SS, DCM, Borla Cat Back, too much other stuff!!! (SOLD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 6M, 6.2l LS3, Kooks Long Tube, Hi Flo Cats, Mild Cam

Thor Power Offline
Funny. These colors seem to age the same way. Here's my T-Bird I got a few years ago.

Attached Files Image(s)

88 Sports "Thor" disassembled
88 Grey 5spd Turbocoupe "Hooptie" ('09 Calendar) Parted out & crushed.(Tbird Heaven)
88 Black 5spd Turbocoupe Parted out & crushed. (Tbird Heaven)
88 Red 5spd Turbocoupe (newest member)
02 Lincoln Continental (road warrior)
06 Mercury Grand Marguis (custom duals like the Marauder)

firebirdparts Offline
Welcome!  I like the red.