North American Turbocoupe Organization

Carlisle 2020
Jeff K Offline
Administrator
Well, Joan and I didnt quite make it to Carlisle this year.  We made it to our motel in Cambridge OH Wednesday afternoon with only 320 or so miles to Carlisle.  The weather for Carlisle as of Wednesday night showed rain both Friday and Saturday, plus rain our entire 900 mile ride home Sunday and Monday. Wednesday night was also the last time we were able to cancel our Carlisle motel reservations without losing our hefty deposit.  We decided Wednesday night that with the weather predicted to suck, as well as the COVID19 still unabated, that the best course of action was to just head back home.  Plus, wearing masks everywhere and constantly sanitizing our hands and everything else in sight was getting real old real quick.  On the plus side, we had a nice relaxing 1300 mile car ride, stayed in 3 very nice motels, and ordered several very good meals for delivery to our motels. 

We wish we could have been there and been able to reconnect with our NATO friends.  There is always Carlisle 2021!

The TC ran perfectly the entire 1300 mile trip to Cambridge and back, and averaged 27.7 MPG.
Jeff Korn

88 Turbo Coupe: Intake and exhaust mods, T3 turbo at 24 psi, forced air IC, water injection, BPV, Ranger cam, subframes, etc., etc.
86 Tbird 5.0 (original owner): intake, exhaust, valvetrain mods, 100 HP N2O, ignition, gears, suspension, etc., etc.
11 Crown Vic Interceptor
14 Toyota Camry (wifes car)
95 Taurus GL Vulcan winter beater
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - completely customized

fred k Offline
(07-31-2020, 07:59 PM)Jeff K Wrote: Well, Joan and I didnt quite make it to Carlisle this year.  We made it to our motel in Cambridge OH Wednesday afternoon with only 320 or so miles to Carlisle.  The weather for Carlisle as of Wednesday night showed rain both Friday and Saturday, plus rain our entire 900 mile ride home Sunday and Monday. Wednesday night was also the last time we were able to cancel our Carlisle motel reservations without losing our hefty deposit.  We decided Wednesday night that with the weather predicted to suck, as well as the COVID19 still unabated, that the best course of action was to just head back home.  Plus, wearing masks everywhere and constantly sanitizing our hands and everything else in sight was getting real old real quick.  On the plus side, we had a nice relaxing 1300 mile car ride, stayed in 3 very nice motels, and ordered several very good meals for delivery to our motels. 

We wish we could have been there and been able to reconnect with our NATO friends.  There is always Carlisle 2021!

The TC ran perfectly the entire 1300 mile trip to Cambridge and back, and averaged 27.7 MPG.
Bummer for you but makes me feel a little better that I didn't make it either.  Misery loves company.  Just got back from the river with 300 gal. of water.  Last big rain was 20Jun and that was 1/2 inch.  Not to make you feel bad but weather was mid 80's today and the humidity went way down.  Of course it is Carlisle so there has to be rain lurking somewhere there bouts.  Like you hoping to see everyone next year so let's hope this is over by then.  Glad you had a safe trip. That's about the same mileage I got with my 1st TC going to Balitmore from York and back everyday.  I could run a week on a tank which was great.
Fred
fred l kennedy

BJL Offline
(07-31-2020, 07:59 PM)Jeff K Wrote: Well, Joan and I didnt quite make it to Carlisle this year.  We made it to our motel in Cambridge OH Wednesday afternoon with only 320 or so miles to Carlisle.  The weather for Carlisle as of Wednesday night showed rain both Friday and Saturday, plus rain our entire 900 mile ride home Sunday and Monday. Wednesday night was also the last time we were able to cancel our Carlisle motel reservations without losing our hefty deposit.  We decided Wednesday night that with the weather predicted to suck, as well as the COVID19 still unabated, that the best course of action was to just head back home.  Plus, wearing masks everywhere and constantly sanitizing our hands and everything else in sight was getting real old real quick.  On the plus side, we had a nice relaxing 1300 mile car ride, stayed in 3 very nice motels, and ordered several very good meals for delivery to our motels. 

Sorry that you couldn't make it. As fred k  said it was somewhat comfortable today, but as always, unpredictable. 
we miss you guys. i will take as many photos as possible. Hopefully next year we will have a decent turn out.
Glad you guys enjoyed you get away and delivered meals! we are also enjoying our get away as both of our boys stayed home. so just heather and I here.
it was definitely light today at the NATO tent.

Safe Travels!
Brian Larkin
88TC 330,000 miles
Slightly Modified

Pete D Offline
Administrator
Sorry to hear the outcome Jeff. I'm hoping a lot more of us can make it next year.
Pete Dunham