DIY Bullet-Proof No-Leak PCV Valve
by Spectralsamurai (TurboFord.org)
ORIGINAL POST on TurboFord.org
- 3/8" NPT male thread brass barbed fitting, cost ~ $1.40
- 3/8" NPT female thread brass barbed fitting, cost ~ $1.40
- 5/16" chrome plated steel ball bearing, cost ~ $0.15
- Total cost, ~ $3.00
- This PCV design is gravity assisted so it must be mounted vertically
with the female fitting and ball bearing down at the bottom
- Air easily passes bottom-to-top but not top-to-bottom
- Since the intake line is 3/8", make the entire hose 3/8 to the baffle
- Use a little ingenuity connecting the PCV to the baffle pipe
- Apply Teflon tape to the threads of the male fitting; use two or
three good wraps in the correct direction to tighten the tape when screwed in.
- Drop the ball bearing into the male fitting.
- Screw the male fitting into the female fitting and tighten. Insure there's no
teflon tape loose inside the fitting or the ball bearing will not move freely.
- You're done.
Picture 1: Ball Bearing Inside Female Fitting
Picture 2: Assembled PCV Valve
Picture 3: Size Comparison